Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Ike Update & Getting Back to Normal

Morning everyone!! Thought I would update after Hurricane Ike. We are very lucky and had no house damage, just downed fences and trees, TONS of debris to clean-up, YUCK!! Oh, and no power for 4 days totally sucked too, but we got it back finally. Starting to stress about food and gas, as there are TONS of gas stations that are out (due to supply and/or power issues), and lots of stores still closed due to no power. The stores that ARE open are majorly wiped out and you can hardly find a thing!! Shocked Shocked

Some of you may know that my parent's live half the time at their property in Crystal Beach, TX, which was devastated by the Hurricane. We got word that the Coast Guard was gonna let my dad in to Crystal Beach by boat (the only way to the area now) yesterday to check out the damage... waiting for a call to see IF they have anything left. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My dad and uncle also drove to Anahuac, TX yesterday to check on their big hunting lodge (his winter income), ALL the buildings are completely gone down to the slab. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

They're making due with what they have in Baytown at the moment. Still no power, and they are being told up to a month until it's all restored. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm just very thankful for all of the prayers everyone has sent our way recently, they really do work. I can't say it enough, we are so very lucky!!

And OH I can't wait for some scrappy time... although I did make a few cards on Saturday by candlelight, hehe!!

Just wanted to update everyone as I've gotten several emails and posts asking. So glad to finally be getting back to normal. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and concern, it really means a lot!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are ok and thanks for the updates! I've been thinkin' of ya!!!! A month in some of those other areas, OMG!!!!

wendy said...

:(...I'm glad everyone is ok. It will take time to rebuild and stress will come with that. I wish you and your family all the best while getting through this! I can't imagine!!

Scrappy time will be theropy!! :)

Pat said...

So glad you made it through safely.

wendipooh13 said...

sooo glad to hear that you and your family are at least ok and no major damage, though I am really sorry about your parents place, I'm sure that is hard... hope things get better and even more back to normal.. take care and more {{HUGS}} for ya... glad we finally got to talk and can't wait till next week!!!

Amanda said...

Hugs to you! Hope things get better quickly!

Kelly C said...

I'm glad you are all safe! Seriously keeping you & your family in my thoughts!

Jennifer said...

{{hugs}} to your family and all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin