Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Frugal Scrapping Anyone??

I just LOVE Dollar Stores, I mean, who DOESN'T love a good bargain... so much fun stuff to be found!! Not only can I find cool items for my home, but also lots of stuff that can be incorporated into my scrapbook layouts using a little creativity.

I posted this as a challenge over this past NSD weekend at Scrap Attack Scrapbooking, and the pages made from it were SO FUN... I just HAD to share this technique!!!

For my non-scrappy item, I purchased a funky-looking pillow cover (from the home section) and a small amount of drywall tape (from the hardware section). Here is a picture of the pillow cover.

And here is my layout made using a flower and some trim that I cut from the pillow cover, and the drywall tape that I painted gold.

How fun is that??? Bet you look at things differently the next time you are in your local Dollar Store!!!

4 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

great challenge Alecia, glad I was able to shop at the $1 store and get some scrappy fun out of it!!

Sandra said...

It's an awesome l.o.! I love the dollar section of any store!

Jeanyjo said...

Alecia I just Love that LO absolutely Gorgeous. Loved doing that challenge.

mystyle said...

LOVE! LOVE! what you've done at your Blog showing all the Design Team Projects. They are colorful, fun LO's and always as AWESOME as you are! Having Fun Scrapping with you on line. LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin